The plugin “Ultimate Post List Pro” for WordPress provides since version 7.1 a new source of the thumbnails in a post list: avatars of post authors.
Bring life with avatars
On the internet a permanent image representing a person or a character is called an avatar. Human beings in images make the appereance of a website vivid.
Avatars are displayed if they are switched on in the “Discussion Settings” of your WordPress site.
Any avatar you set will be displayed, e.g. the “Mystery Man”, automatically generated icons or Gravatars. The latter are images of post authors stored at and delivered by the free online service gravatar.com.
Layout options for avatar images
You have all the layout options that can be set for featured images in an Ultimate Post List under your fingertips.
You can set
- the position of the avatar picture (left, right, centered, below/above/besides any text in the list item),
- the dimensions of the picture,
- whether it is clickable or not,
- the margins around avatar pictures,
- the radius of rounded corners of the pictures
- the default avatar if no avatar of a post author is available, as set in the “Discussion Settings” of the WordPress site.
Setting avatars as thumbnails is also available in the free version Ultimate Post List at wordpress.org.