New: Overwrite list settings with shortcode attributes
With version 8.0 of Ultimate Post List Pro you get more flexibility in using lists via shortcodes. This version lets you overwrite list settings by shortcode attributes.
The shortcode attributes are:
- list_title: controls the headline of the post list
- included_tags: shows only posts assigned with the specified tags
- excluded_tags: hide posts assigned with the specified tags
- included_categories: shows only posts of the specified categories
- excluded_categories: hide posts assigned with the specified categories
Read more in the Developer notes about shortcodes.
New: List Title option
Before version 8.0 of UPLP the list headline was taken by the title of the list in the backend. There are cases where you want to use another headline or no headline.
For that the list title option is added on the list edit page.
Important: If you want to go on using the list title as list headline please enter the list headline in that option.
List of lists with one click in the WordPress backend
The menu items in the backend navigation were reordered. Now a single click on “Ultimate Post List” is sufficient to get the list of Ultimate Post Lists. The former main page “Overview” was renamend to “Help” and is now a subpage of “Ultimate Post List”.
More help on Help page
The former page “Overview” is now called “Help”. It was extended by detailed informations about
- how to use the introduced shortcode attributes
- how to export and import all Ultimate Post Lists setting to migrate them from a WordPress installation to another installation.
All translations were updated with the new texts.