Thumbnail problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

If you go on this page: http://www.mangersantebio.org/21015/mango-sticky-rice

There is the shortcode for the plugin in the sidebar.

I have defined specific height and width for the thumbnail (255×133 pixels) checking also the option to respect original image ratio (those dimensions of 255×133 pixels already respect that ration anyway). The WordPress settings for image thumbnails is also setup with those dimensions.

Problem is that on fullscreen laptop screens, the thumbnails do not respect those dimensions. They appear as squares of 128×128 pixels. When inspecting the code, I see this:

.ulpl-list ul li img {
    height: 128px;
    width: 128px;
    }

Where does this come from? I can’t see why these dimensions override my settings.

So I end up forcing the thumbnails with this code:

.uplp-list ul li img {
    width: 255px !important;
    height: 133px !important;
    }

And this works but then ends up distorting the image ratio on other screen sizes.

Basically, I need my thumbnails to be 255×133 pixels and when the sidebar is smaller than 255 pixels wide, I need the thumbnails to be responsive and respect the ratio of the image.

Thank you for your help…

ps – for now I have the forced thumbnail size css code active

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Hello Jean-Francois, I took a look at your webpage. I found all dimensions as desired in 255×133 px, both in the HTML attributes and the CSS code. Maybe it was a cache issue?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. At this time, the thumbnails do show up at 255 pixels width because I have added extra css code with !important. But this is a temporary solution because what happens with this is that it creates some problems on some screen sizes.

If I don’t use the !important css then the plugin’s settings do not work for me. Even though in the settings I indicate that the thumbnails should be 255×133 pixels and then adjust accordingly in responsive mode, the thumbnails do not appear with those dimensions and instead I see this in the page source:

.ulpl-list ul li img {
    height: 128px;
    width: 128px;
    }

That’s my question, where could this 128×128 thing come from? This is not in my settings and I end up having to override that with extra css.

Thank you

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Hello Jean-Francois, I looked at the code again. I can not find the statement of 128 px for the thumbnail dimension. Where do you see it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.