My CPT is not available in dropdown

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    Participant

Hello, I just purchased and installed your plugin. I purchased it as the free plugin does not work for Custom Post Types.

I created a New List. However, my Custom Post Type is not listed in the list of Post Types in the dropdown for the Post Type Filter. I have other plugins on this site that do list this CPT. This is the only plugin I am having a problem with.
    I have selected the category for the CPT to only show posts from this category. But, since I can’t select the Post Type the widget does not display any results.
    If I deselect the Category I get all of the posts from my ‘Post’ post type. But, I can’t display results from my CPT.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

The plugin lists CPTs only which support featured images. Can you set featured images for posts of that CPT?

Kathleen
    Participant

Yes, all the posts in this CPT have featured images, so, yes, this CPT supports featured images.

I have found another plugin that does what I need and overall is easier to use for my purposes. May I have a refund on this plugin?

I made an image to see the problem in more detail: http://bit.ly/2wqybII
    You can see that the other plugin is displaying the results, but I have no choice for the Field Note CPT in your Post Type Filter. There is also no option for Testimonials which would be another CPT I might use in the sidebar or footer.

In the image you might note that the ‘Post’ type is listed 3 times. The other two are for log files for another plugin, so are not relevant. Actually, most of the Post types listed in your filter do NOT support featured images, but, two that DO (Testimonials and Field Notes) are not listed in the Filter. Could that indicate a bug in your plugin?

Thank you!

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

A refund is possible and will give to you the next days.

I want to reconstruct that. Which plugins do provide the post types “Testimonial” and “Field Notes”?

Kathleen
    Participant

Thank you.
    Field Notes was constructed with Easy Content Types (Pippin/Themeisle) and Testimonials with Testimonials Widget (Axelerant). Both are up to date.

Thanks again, both for your swift responses and for the refund.

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Thank you. At least for “Testimonial Widget” I could fix the missing listing. “Field Notes” is a price-based plugin so I can not test with it.

And I have to correct myself: The plugin loads all custom post types, not only the thumbnail supporting ones. It tried to detect them too early. That will be fixed in the next version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.