Grid Layout not showing correctly

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Robin Symes
    Participant

Thank you,

I have just purchased the pro version. Can you help with one thing, I would like to display the videos in a grip layout, 3 columns, responsive to page size. but they are not displaying correctly.

http://www.igoli.co.kr/tv

I have tried added padding etc but the layout you see under “more form IGITV” does not seem to change?

Thank you
    Robin

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

For me the website is not available. Maybe there is a typo in the address you wrote?

Robin Symes
    Participant

Sorry, yes a typo

http://www.igolfi.co.kr/tv

Some changes seems like they are taking a long time, maybe cache issue, because it is not show as a grid, 2 across, but it seems difficult to get it to look as a want, I would like 3 videos across filling the whole section. Is there a simple way to make it fit the section and be responsive?

Thanks for your help

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Please play around with the width of the list items. Lower it until they fit.

Robin Symes
    Participant

I have tried many setting but the videos still do not display as a grid, they have no gaps between the video. Tried adding padding, margins etc but still the same?

Can you help? http://www.igolfi.co.kr/tv/

Thank you

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

May I take a look in the backend at the edit page of the list? Please mail me the login credentials to shop@stehle-internet.de.

Robin Symes
    Participant

Sorry for the delay Martin, I was on a family holiday.

I am just emailing you the details now.

Still having issues on a PC and well as on mobiles.

Regards
    Robin

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Thank you for the login credentials. I decreased the minimum height of the list items to avoid the big white space between the rows. And I set all paddings to 0 since the margin values are sufficient. Does the new layout match your expectations?

Why did you put the list into the post twice? Maybe a section in the Elementor editor could be deleted?

Robin Symes
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your time on this,

Firstly I just added a row to experiment with different setting to see what changes would happen. I have deleted the second row.

I looks better on the PC, I would still like to make the 3 video fit equally across the screen? Also, on a mobile the video do not appear correctly, I would like the to appear in the same way and size as the top video on the screen “latest video”

Thanks
    Robin

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

There are still two rows. Which one do you want to optimize?

Robin Symes
    Participant

The 1st row, I have deleted the second row now, think I forgot to save the changes.

Thanks
    Robin

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

I added the plugin “WP Add Custom CSS” to set a hand-taylored CSS code for that page. You can find the code in the textarea at the bottom of the Edit Page of that page.

Now below 768px browser width the videos are listed vertical in full width, and above 768px the three videos are in on row, their widths responsive to the browser width.

Robin Symes
    Participant

Thank you for you time and it is looking good on both the pc and moblie, thanks.

Just wondering if you have any plans for the grid layout to be more automatic in the future so someone like myself can do it without help?

Kind Regards
    Robin

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

I think about an option to select between fixed widths and relative width, and a further option to control at which browser width to break up the horizontal list into a vertical list.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.