Formatting Not Working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    John Zeiger
    Participant

On the Home page of givingtreefamilies.org, it seems like the only formatting option is to switch from a vertical list to a numbered vertical list; choosing the grid or flexbox options have no effect. I currently have it set to Vertical List and unchecking “Show the list-item marker” does not work. Also, setting the “Post title font size” to 24px does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Please empty the cache of the installed plugin “Fastest Cache” to let the new layout settings work.

John Zeiger
    Participant

After deactivating the cache plugin, the problem still exists.

Also, even though I can switch between vertical list and numbered vertical list, I can’t configure them beyond the default settings. For example, choosing circle item markers or Roman numerals does not work

John Zeiger
    Participant

Any other suggestions?

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Those layout changes should have an effect definitely. I’m assuming the CSS file of the plugin is stored incorrectly, if at all. Is it possible for you to delete the file /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-post-list-pro/public/css/ultimate-post-list-pro-public.css via FTP manually? A reload of any page will create the file with the new layout settings again.

John Zeiger
    Participant

That file exists and gets updated if I switch back and forth between vertical list and numbered vertical list. Here is what’s in the file:

div.uplp-list form, div.uplp-list p { margin-bottom: 1em; }
    div.uplp-list form img { display: inline; padding-left: 1em; padding-right: 1em; box-shadow: none; vertical-align: middle; border: 0 none; }
    div.uplp-list ol { list-style: decimal outside none; margin-left: 1.5em; margin-right: 0; padding-left: 0; padding-right: 0; }
    div.uplp-list ul { list-style: none outside none; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 0; margin-right: 0; padding-left: 0; padding-right: 0; }
    div.uplp-list li { margin: 0 0 1.5em; }
    div.uplp-list li:last-child { margin-bottom: 0; }
    div.uplp-list li a span { display: block; }
    #uplp-list-7527 li img { max-width: 180px; width: 100%; height: auto; display: inline; float: left; margin: 0px 8px 8px 0px; }
    #uplp-list-7527 li { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 24px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 0px; -moz-border-radius: 0px; border-radius: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; clear: both; }
    #uplp-list-7527 li ul.uplp-acf-link-list li { margin-bottom: 0; }
    #uplp-list-7527 li .uplp-post-title, #uplp-list-7527 li .uplp-post-title a { font-size: 28px; }
    Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Please tell me the URL of your website. I’d try to take a lokk at it.

John Zeiger
    Participant

givingtreefamilies.org

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

The theme’s CSS interferes the list layout. To fix the most obvious effects please paste into the text box in the Customizer’s panel “Additional CSS” this code:

.bd-tagstyles:not(.bd-custom-bulletlist):not(.shape-only) div.uplp-list ul:not([class*=menu]) li:before {
        content: none;
        display: none;
    }
    .bd-tagstyles:not(.bd-custom-bulletlist):not(.shape-only) div.uplp-list ul:not([class*=menu]) {
        padding-left: 0;
    }

Save the change, empty any cache and reload the page. The bullets will disappear. A flexbox layout should be possible. If not, keep the flexbox settings and let me know the error.

John Zeiger
    Participant

Thank you!

Can you let me know how the theme’s CSS is interfering so I can relay it to the developer so they can fix it?

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

The code is sufficient for the developer. I’d add that the CSS selectors are not specific enough to prevent side-effects on lists.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.